Saturday, November 8, 2008

Things change

you know what I miss?  My little N.  I miss his little boy face, and his little boy voice, and his little boy hands.

I miss his cuddle time.  He doesn't like to cuddle like he used to, he has too much energy, he's never still long enough.  He goes to sleep in his own bed now so I can't rock him to sleep any more. He still runs to me several times a day to give me kisses, and tells me he loves me 100 times a day.  But he's not the 'baby' any more.  Even D noticed today that his hands are big boy hands now. ;o(  He even says he's not the baby, he's a big boy.

E is my little snuggle bug now.  He loves to be held like a baby, calls himself the baby, wants to be kissed on and snuggled.  I LOVE it.  But I still miss my little N.  

There's something wonderful yet sad when your kids grow.  It's funny how we urge them to crawl and walk and speak and grow... and then they do ... and we miss those times when they didn't.



No comments: