Monday, November 3, 2008

Lessons...

On this National Adoption month I have such a heart that wants to cry out to others and say... see these kids... see how much they need love???!!!  How can we help??!!

Oh that I could win the lottery ...or have a huge inheritance... or just be independently wealthy I would have a whole house full.
I posted the other day about the boy that died at Big AHOPE ... take a minute to read about this post from a dear amazing woman who met him while there to pick up her daughter.

Gosh, when you ask God to break your heart for the things that break His, he sure does.  

As I have been in the adoption process I have changed so many of my thoughts and perceptions. What do you think of when you think adoption?  There are so many different types. You have domestic open adoption, domestic closed, foster care, infant international, special needs, waiting older children.  Do any of these kids deserve a family any less than another?  I don't think so.  We chose to go to Ethiopia because we felt that God told us our next child was there.  And then we chose to go back because our next son was there. Will we go back? Only God knows that answer, but I sure would love to see ALL of these kids home.  

While we were in ET picking up E we spent alot of time at the orphanage that had the older kids.  They were amazing kids.  One older girl in particular kind of took over E, carried him everywhere, washed his hands, helped to feed him.  Just took care of him.  She was a blessing, and I know she's probably home with her new family in IL now.  So many of the older boys playing soccer, shyly smiling, wanting to talk but not sure what to or how.  The little guy about 8yrs old, "B" who followed us around asking if we were E's family.  I wonder if he also had a family waiting for him?  He helped carry my plate, sat with us while we ate.  Broke my heart in so many pieces.  

We also got to meet M, the 6 yr old girl that we sponsor at little AHOPE. Oh how bittersweet that was. She is beautiful.  My heart just ached as I placed my arms around her tiny little body and hugged her close.  Oh how I wished we were bringing her with us.  We recently got an update on her.  AHOPE has a child sponsorship program that is wonderful.  The updates are priceless, the new pictures, the opportunity to actually meet them, and to also know that you are able to pray that this child find the family that will love them for life.

Adoption isn't for the faint hearted, but it IS in God's heart.  He is the father of all fathers... he knows what we need, who we need, and who needs us.  He "sets the lonely in families".

Our boys didn't come from my womb, but they are SO far in my heart... I feel like the Grinch... my heart has grown 4 sizes too big...lol


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a power blog post!!TEARS!

I feel so blessed to be touched by adoption it truly is a blessing from God!

Tiffany said...

Adoption isn't for the faint hearted, but it IS in God's heart. He is the father of all fathers... he knows what we need, who we need, and who needs us. He "sets the lonely in families".

Amen, Andrea!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, Andrea. You said what's in my heart much better than I could have ever said it.