Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Home

Today I was thinking about the boys.

And them being home.  Not just physically but emotionally.

N was only in the orphanage for a total of 4 months, and that was mostly taken up by court junk in ET, but had been with and loved by family prior to that.  Weird how I miss that family when I don't even know them.

But his transition started almost the minute he walked in the door.  It was almost like he walked in and said, "ok, I'm home".  He's been that way ever since.  He wasn't always easy to parent in the beginning, but he was always a love and always knew this was his home.  He still talks about his home in ET, and his family there, but I am not sure how much of it he really remembers.  He was so little and has now been here almost longer than he was there.   I am actually getting ready to prepare his 2 year post placement report.

E, however was in the orphanage for more than a year, and not all that healthy for most of the time.  Then with coming here and dealing with hospital stays, and surgeries and stressed out parents...lol  He is now "home" a few short months after arriving.  He loves his home, he claims it as his... and of course he's the boss.  He has his own chair, his own bed with his own blanket he loves his brothers and sisters.  He knows who nannie is and when he sees bugs he knows which cousin loves them.  ;o)  This is a kid that been through so much pain, and yet is still a snuggle bunny.  He is the kid that puts his face in your neck and wraps his arms around you and squeezes.

N is the guy that out of the blue says "Mom? I love you!" And will run to me for kisses.

These boys who didn't have a home, didn't have a future, had lost what little security they had... and are now thriving and loving and belonging here.  At Home.

On this thanksgiving week I am thankful to be a mom.  To be a part of this journey to bring them home.  I am thankful that God provided so that we could bring them home.  That He planted the seed to make us realize that we needed them as much as they needed us.  That He chose us to grow in ways that we would never have grown without them.   Ten years ago we wouldn't have been prepared for this.  God's timing is perfect...although some days I still think we are unprepared...lol

I am thankful that they have a home and love and security, now and forever. My heart hurts for those that don't.  Those children not celebrating (even if they don't know that Thanksgiving is) those kids that watch others leave and go to homes with new families.  Those that have no hope in their hearts.

Will you pray with me for those kids?  Maybe you can sponsor an AHOPE kid.  I can tell you it's rewarding, and I have even met some of them.  They are amazing.  But be careful, you may fall in love. ;o)


4 comments:

Aaron said...

Great post Andrea. You choked me up

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said and an inspiration to encourage heartfelt gratitude in all Moms. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Mugsey said...

Hey Andrea haven't figured this comment posting thing. Thanks again for all your encouragement and prayers. I check in on your blog often for inspiration. Annonymous comment was me to. Still learning how to work on this stuff in techy world. Michelle

SupermomE13 said...

That was beautiful!! Is there anything better than HOME??

Love you guys!