Tuesday, October 28, 2008

God hears our Prayers!

I am taking a study at our church called "God's Dwelling Place" by Beth Moore.  First I just have to say that God has given her a gift.  A true gift of taking the word of God and making it real or "dumbing it down" for someone like me.

This week's study was about the altar of incense in the tabernacle from the old testament.   The incense is representative of the prayers of the saints or of the people.

The point, in a nut shell, is that God hears our prayer.  We may not "see" immediate answers, in fact we may never fully see His answers but he ALWAYS hears them.  In the old testament tabernacle there was a veil that only the holiest of holies could step behind and speak to God. After Christ that veil was torn and the only veil left is the natural world.  We can essentially go straight to the throne of our God and share our prayers with Him.  

Why do I share this?  Because I have SO much I want to say to Him.  So much I want to ask Him.  I need to KNOW that He hears me.  I need to KNOW that there is a God who cares... that while I truly have no clue why things in this world happen the way they do, I don't know why He chooses to answer prayers of some and not of others... in the way we want them answered or they way we think they should be answered.  But I know He hears me and I know He cares, and I know He wants me to talk to Him.  


No comments: