Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Musings of a 39 yr old

lol... sounds all philosophical and stuff doesn't it? ;o)

Isn't it funny that 39 seems to be some kind of magic year. Like 39 is the last year you are young, or not 40, or ... I don't know. But people tend to stop aging at 39 for some reason.

Not me. I don't want to stop aging. I really like that I have learned so very much in these past 39 years.

I was thinking about the Break My Stride song. (yep I remember it from High School Laura...lol) When my mom used to think that song applied to me back then it was for such a different reason than now. ;o)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRNHy8IUOHA&feature=related Here is a link just in case you don't remember it. Just beware there is much BIG hair and BAD wardrobe. You will also be singing the song for the rest of the day. Don't say that I didn't warn you.

This year I want to be the person that doesn't break their stride... I want to accomplish those things I set out to. I want to make a difference, I want to make a change, I want to shine God in so many corners that He is glorifed on earth and in heaven!

This year I am co-leading my first mission team and running in my first marathon... granted it's only a 10k but hey, it's still my first. I have a child in college and a child in Preschool. What is THAT about?

Ain't nothin gonna break my stride means so many different things now than it did then.

Then I was self absorbed... nothing was going to stop me from partying and going out with friends.

Now it means nothing is going to stop me from doing what God wants from me.

The difference? Christ.

I love what He's done with my life. I love what He's doing with it.

John 10:10 Jesus said, "I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."
Romans 8:37 says "In all these things we are more than conquerors through God who loved us"

I look forward to my next 39 + years. I cannot wait to see what else Christ has in store for me. What abundance he wants to shower me with. What more can I conquer? Can't wait!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen!!!! Were we separated at birth? You sound so much like me AND the same age-WE ROCK thanks to J.C.!

Andrea said...

Perhaps we were separated? ;o) Maybe you should read my post about being a dork about Optimus Prime before you think we are too much alike. ;o) Blessings
Andrea

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Oh yeah!!!! Baby nothing will break our stride....remember that song too! Wow how we have changed since our young and selfish ways...hopefully at least some. Be who God created you to be!!! Praise God for fun people who have the knowledge to do more and be more and see more- through God's glasses.

SupermomE13 said...

You are my favorite 39 year old in the whole wide universe!!! :)
Love you
E

Deborah Ann said...

I am having such a great time today, visiting Jesus-people blogs. Don't worry about 40...it's a breeze!

you're invited to join me:

www.heavenlyhumor.blogspot.com

Humor and God. What could be better? While you're there, sign up to play a game I'm hosting next week. It will be heavenly!

Our journey following Christ said...

So well said, my younger but very wise friend!

What a difference Christ makes in a life. Completely transforming. Your motivation is not for yourself.

You certainly are a person I would say has life abundantly!

Blessings,
Laura