Sunday, August 30, 2009

Better than good birthday!!!

Today I turn the big 39. My last year before 40. I am good with it, lol Most every one today said "How old? 29?" funny.

It's actually been an excellent Birthday weekend! Started Friday with dinner with our dear friends. Yummy food, good company, red wine and white chocolate cheesecake!! yummo!

I have gotten amazing news from 2 dear friends about changes with in their families. HUGE blessings in both.

Saturday I got on the treadmill, did 3 miles and jogged the whole last mile!!! When I realized I was almost to a mile and was still jogging I just could not stop smiling. Then I got to the end and still had enough air to hoot and holler and bring the house into the room to find out what was going on. ;o) I WILL get this 10k done, praise God!

Then my mother in law came over with my birthday present. Scroll down to the last pic to see what it was. I was hooting and hollering again ;o)

Today was church, and then lunch with family. You will see right off what a dork I am ;o) I LOVE Optimus Prime! So my mom gave me an Optimus Prime Birthday party. Do you love it??!! My gifts today were a shopping spree with my brother to get running shoes!

oh...lol and if you are on FB you so get to feel amazing when everyone you know tells you happy birthday! ;o) Love that too....

OH! And I almost forgot. God even stopped by in the form of scripture. The scripture this morning was from Matthew 5:15 - 16 15. Neither do (men) light a lamp, and put it under the bushel, but on the stand; and it shineth unto all that are in the house. 16. Even so let your light shine before men; that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

That is my favorite scripture. God is amazing! I am blessed, truly blessed!!


My mom is amazing!
My niece with her balloon ;o)

S and my mom in law. Cute huh?
He tries so hard not to blink he looks a little freaked out...lol Love this man!
Ok do they come any cuter???!!!

Me and the big boys ;o) That's a hat sticker on my chest...lol instead of party hats we had stickers and that's where mine got... not sure why.
LOVE this mug. There was a song in the 80's that had this saying in it... "Ain't nothin gonna breaka my stride. Ain't nothin gonna slow me down, oh no, I got to keep on movin" Anyone remember it? I actually woke up singing it this morning. My mom always called me when she heard this song on the radio because she always said it reminded her of me. So when she saw this mug she had to get it. See my mom is amazing!
My Transformers 'I can read' book. My mom being creative with this present.
E checkin out my Optimus Prime stickers...
And last but not least my new tat!!! LOVE IT! I actually have to go back and get more red in the bottom, I think it looks too pink. The word is Love in Amharic.

That's my day, lots of love, lots of blessings, and more to come tonight with some good preaching!

ETA: AND My favorite family called and sang the Happy Birthday Cha Cha Cha song! Made me cry!

THEN... we watched TRansformers...lol Such a Dork, but I am going to bed with a smile on my face and a heart full of blessings.

Thank you to all of you that make my life better! Today was BETTER THAN GOOD!

10 comments:

Andrea Hill said...

Happy, happy Birthday to you. It looks like you had such a wonderful weekend. When you said you love Optimus Prime, I thought it was a steakhouse. What a dork I am. Never heard of the above. Love your tatoo and even more so that it is Africa. Have a wonderful rest of the day.

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Looks like fun to me!!! Who says we have to grow up anyway...isn't that why He gives us kids??

steffany said...

so so so so cool!

Happy birthday!

Adeye said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, dear friend. Looks like you had a stunning day. LOVE the new tat. Heavens, is that sore? I'm such a baby when it comes to pain :)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad you have had such a great celebration!! I LOVE your new tatoo!

LisaShaw said...

"39 is still prime"! I like that! Got one for 43? :)

You look beautiful and Happy Birthday! Love the mug!

Your family photos are beautiful.

Love you.

SupermomE13 said...

LOVE YOU!!! The pics are just great... I am so glad it was a good day. I wish we could have been there, but it was fun to sing over the phone. :)
You definitely deserved a wonderful day about YOU. Yay!!!

Loveyou!
E

Our journey following Christ said...

Andrea,

Happy Birthday you young thing! I won't tell you how old I am! Isn't it wonderful to have such a wonderful day to spend with your family?

Love the tatoo...it speak volumes from your heart.

And by the way, I'm a little surprised you're OLD enough to remember that song. You must have been in elementary school or middle school, you young thing!

Blessings,
Laura

Andrea said...

LOL Laura... no I was in High School. ;o) thanks for the young thing comment though, ;o) MUCH appreciated.

Unknown said...

Happy (belated!) Birthday Andrea! Lovin' the new tat! I really want one, but not sure where...

:o)