Monday, September 14, 2009

Better

'I'm not yet what God wants me to be, but thank God I'm better than I used to be.' David Turner, Upper Room Devotional.

I read this quote this morning and said, "AMEN"!

Do you look back at your life and see the changes you have made? Oh my goodness can I just tell you I am so very very glad I am better than I used to be. There are also still times I think... goodness, what is up with me?! Why am I so like Paul doing those things I know that I should not.

I was looking through the material that I am to read for the leadership class I start on Wednesday. It's called "Leadership from the Heart". I think it's going to be a great class!

It's funny that I have led so many different types of programs...yet have never had any training...what a concept to actually learn about leadership?! ;o) Think of what God and I could have done if only I had had some training sooner?! ;o)

The funny thing is that I was never one to lead. I was never a leader as a child or a teen. I hated the spotlight and speaking in front of others was so not in my realm of the idea of fun.

Look what God has done to me!!!

Never in my wildest dreams did I see myself here. Do you love how God works?! ok well, maybe you aren't as excited about my growth as I am but it's my blog right? ;o)

I am excited to see what He has planned for the future... leading the mission team, running the 10k, more kids??? I believe this study will not only help me with leading other's outside of the family but also inside the family. My hubby is beginning BSF tonight.... I pray we are both on the right path towards God's best for us.

3 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

WOW is right. Praise God HE doesn't give up on us when we whine and complain. He just waits and works on us patiently. Thank God for creating things we never thought possible!!!

Andrea Hill said...

What a great devotional quote. Sometimes we are so hard on ourselves at least I am on myself and say I am going backwards or I am at a standstill but this quote brings new enthusiasm because as long as we are growing in the Lord and "are better than we used to be", amen to that.

Unknown said...

Love that quote. Sums things up rather nicely. :)