Saturday, January 3, 2009

Saturday

It's been a relatively uneventful week.  Which is a good thing ;o)

The boys have been busy playing at home with S.  She is off school for Christmas break so she has been watching them for a few hours during the day.  I have enjoyed some time off with them as well.

I think this time at home has really helped N with his need to grab attention any way possible. He still has some over the top tantrums sometimes, but he's settling down. He much more easily re-directed and the tantrums are much more controllable.  Thank you for your prayers, they are working!!

Yesterday my parents took the boys and my niece out for a fun day.  At first I was a little nervous, but they were great apparently. ;o)  They went to Barnes and Noble to choose a book and a stuffed toy each and then to a pizza place for lunch.  The Barnes and Noble had a train center and the boys LOVED it!  N was determined to find a beautiful princess book for my niece, and he did, however she's more into bugs and dinosaurs...lol  

My parents were encouraged by the great outing and may do it again.   I am so blessed to have them close by so that they can do those things.  

S goes back to school on Monday.  I know she's really not looking forward to it...lol  I remember those days, but she has had a full vacation.  She has been watching the boys some, but she also had sleepovers and outings.  She's one busy chicky.... Now that the boyfriend is out of the picture (thank you Lord) she is noticing her surroundings again.  I am praying that God will use this time to help her fill her head with Him instead of boys and other pursuits.  Only HE can fulfill that...lol 

I have been reminded over and over again this week of the presence and power of our Lord.   So many little prayers that I have asked for, and the big ones have been answered.  Erin heard great news about her son, Abby is currently home with her family, my friend with health concerns is doing well, and even had some prayers answered sooner than we thought, my boys are growing and calming, I didn't ask for this one, but God is helping with some finances that we were concerned about, in ways we weren't even considering.  Love it when He does that!! ;o)

Thank you for being a part of those prayers! Life is Better than Good!

No comments: