Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Pondering

Thank you all for your emails and posts, it's so encouraging to know that we are being prayed over and loved...even from afar. ;o)

It's the most interesting thing when God works on your heart huh? I have been becoming aware of so much.

It's funny how in the last couple of months I have felt like I have been reading all over the place that 'we' (as in Christians) are to sell all things and follow Christ. I posted about it several month's ago here as a matter of fact. The funny thing is that while I am reading it in books and devotions and other avenues, it honestly doesn't feel like it's literally what God is asking of me. Some of you may be thinking I am just in denial. ;o)

And perhaps that's true....it just doesn't feel like it's what He's asking in the literal sense. There are times when I truly feel Him telling me something and it's a conviction, I just know it in my heart... even if I don't want to agree with Him, I know it's His truth. This isn't one of those times.

I do feel like we have been living above our means. That we have been living on a beer budget with champagne taste...lol We sure have places that we need to buck up and buckle down. We have more wants than needs that is for sure!!

There are lessons to learn. I want to be open to them. I do want to hear His voice.

It's funny that I posted the bit about have a brief question about God's plan in our mission trip. I don't truly wonder if this is what He wants. I know He does. But after I was pondering it for a while we received more offers of donations for the yard sale, and I see His hand just pouring blessing all over it. ALL over it! I know He is going to do such great things.

I know He is pouring blessing on us as well. I think of the song by Casting Crowns "Praise you in this storm".

Casting Crowns -
Praise You In This Storm
I was sure by now God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say “Amen”,
and it’s still raining
As the thunder rollsI barely hear You whisper through the rain
“I’m with you”
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

Chorus:
I’ll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I’ve cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can’t find You
As the thunder rollsI barely hear You whisper through the rain“I’m with you”
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

Chorus:
I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The maker of Heaven and Earth


My D and I have been doing a devotion together, we have been making daily effort to connect and recommit daily to each other, as well as strengthening in each other in God. This is only a minor set back, not a crusher.

So much good is happening around us. I can't help but Praise Him... and perhaps sell some of my stuff. ;o)

6 comments:

Cindy said...

And what we perceive as a "setback" is sometimes just a growth experience in God's eyes. To Him, it's not a setback, it's a step forward in your faith. If we never have trials, can we ever truly grow in our faith?
love you friend.

Andrea said...

amen~

Paul and Angela said...

Your kids are too cute!
Angela www.journeyforjordan.blogspot.com

LisaShaw said...

Very open sharing and great encouragement. I appreciate that about you Andrea.

You and yours remain in my prayers. Enjoy the devotion with your hubby and know that GOD is doing an incredible work in all of you/us. He's so amazing.

Love you.

Adeye said...

YES---praise Him in the storm!!!!

Andrea Hill said...

First off, Praise you in the Storm still brings me to tears and on my knees during happy and hard times. One of the best songs ever. Oh and also Bring the Rain by Mercy Me.
Everyting you said is so true. What I do love when everything is suddenly taken away from us that we still have Him and with the little we have we can still make it. Its just incredible. I have noticed that with my family. I have been the sole provider in my family for almost 2 years. Granted Kevin didn't have to go to college but that's what happened because people were offering him squad to work. I mean at least they are paying for it the college. So what I am saying is that we could never make it on 2 incomes and were always upside down, but now we still give little money away here and there on just one income and slowly but surely are paying off debt the we accrued on "two incomes". We have grown so much these last 2 years. I am continously praying for you guys out there.