Friday, August 28, 2009

Faithful Friday

O taste and see that the Lord is good; happy are those who take refuge in him. Psalm 34:8

No whining today promise. ;o)

It's Friday! YAY! Happy dance with me!!

We have a packed weekend again. Honestly I am going to deliberatly plan an EMPTY weekend some day and see how that goes. hhhmmm yeah like that is going to happen.

So we have guests coming to stay with us. Friends of Z and J (our friend that stayed for Christmas) are coming up from Wilhmington NC to stay for the weekend. They will be bunking with us, but hanging out with the guys. They are sisters, and one of them travelled to Botswana a couple of summers ago with Z and J. The sisters were in Uganda this past summer and I can't wait to hear about their trip!!

Tonight though we are going to a friend's house for dinner. Can't wait for a night out with my DH.

Tomorrow isn't all that busy other than cleaning house.

Sunday we have church, then mom is making me lunch for my b-day then we are going to Z's church to hear a speaker.

This week has been good in the health realm. Mom and dad brought me their treadmill and I have used all but one night, and that night I did a DVD work out. The treadmill is kicking my butt. Is that weird? I can do 4 miles with Leslie Sansone in my living room, but doing 2 miles at 4mph is killer on a treadmill.

I did lose 3.3 lbs this week though, so sticking to the treadmill it is. At this rate I should be able to complete the 10k in under 2 hours. That's my goal!!

One more week left of summer for the kids and then it's back to school. Next week will consist of School open houses and planning. D will be in PA working on my grandparents house for the week.

If you think about it pray for all those in the foster system and in adoption. There's so many avenues and ups and downs and waiting and pain and joy involved with adoption. Just general prayers for wisdom and peace for all involved.

I pray you have a blessed weekend. Enjoy it!!

2 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Amen to praying for all on the roller coaster rides called- foster care & adoption! Pray that God's people will rise up for the sake of these beautiful children!

Andrea Hill said...

Go girl for having lost almost 4 pounds this week. You lose I gain. I need to get on the ball or I am gonna blow up like a ballon. The psalm in your 1st paragraph we sing at church. I absolutely love that psalm. I don't know how you cram in these busy weekend but I do hope you have a peaceful one soon.