Wednesday, August 26, 2009

oiy

Last week I posted how great things have been... settled, good, happy.

What I should have remembered is that obviously Mr Ugly reads my blog too and every time I openly declare goodness, he sends me ugly... gggrrr!!! ;o)

The boys have been truly testing. Both have seemed to have lost their listening ears and are just testing all waters. I know this too shall pass, but it's hard on all of us. Them because they spend lots of time in the corner or on their beds. And on us because our patience is worn thin which effects the whole house.

S is having 15 yr homonal issues... man do you remember those years? Or have a daughter at home going through it? tough stuff!

D is having a hard time with the job situation. He is working for someone else at the moment, but his man pride is hurting.

LOL so between the boys testing, S's hormones and D's ego hurting... phew... life at home is no longer settled.

I know this is just a short test. I know this too shall pass but it's hard to keep my JOY. ;o) Trying to be all happy happy joy joy when I just want to lock myself in the bathroom and dare them to come in. :o)

Ever have one of those days?

I have been spending this last week in prayer and on a journey with God. I have felt Him pruning and bending, and lifting and changing me. I feel like this angst at the house is a direct attack because I have been working on the ugly within myself.

I will continue to praise Him. I will continue to look at the good, and dog on it, I will not be ruled by Mr Ugly.

Here are some things to praise:
School is starting and all my children are excited about it.
E has now been home a full year and he's 100% better than he was 1 yr ago. MIRACLE!
E can walk up the full flight of stairs and then back down all by "hisseff".
N has a new back pack and new school supplies and is thrilled to be going to big boy school.
D is working.
S is ready for her sophomore year at school! yikes!
Z has started his 2nd year at Leadership college and is so very happy with life.
I can do 2 miles on the treadmill at 4 mph. ouch
My birthday is on Sunday and I will be surrounded but family and friends.
We are close to booking the air tickets for our mission trip for the team. SO exciting!!!!!
My God loves me... and you!

See that... life is better than good. I just needed to remind myself. ;o)

7 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Reminders are great!!!!

Amanda said...

You rock! It'll get better soon.

Our journey following Christ said...

Andrea,

I'm sorry things have gotten difficult. Yep, I've had days like that, too. How Mr. Ugly loves to get us down and it always seems to come at once.

Remember the victory you just had with your sale? Don't think for a moment that Satan doesn't have it in for you. Stay in the word and in prayer. God wins!

I'll pray that things will get better.

Blessings,
Laura

LisaShaw said...

Precious Sister,

I'm praying for YOU and for the family. May the peace of GOD rest with you. I love ya and GOD HAS EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL. Trust Him...

Shonni said...

Oh how I understand! Stand strong!
I was really laughing at the bathroom comment! I have done that also!

Runner Mom said...

Hey, Andrea! Thanks so much for visiting my blog today! Come on over whenever you get a minute!!

I was just reading your blog and trying to take all of it in! Wow! What a great God we have! His plans are amazing!! Girlfriend! Whoa! I am still processing your posts. Your kids are darlin'!! I will be praying for you and your family this week. Some weeks are like that...not fun! Remember that this too shall pass!! Tomorrow's coming!!

Hugs!
Susan

Tarah said...

I need a good cup of coffee with you. The teenage moodies are new over here, and man could I use some advise!

Glad you have praises even in the hard times.