Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Provision

Man... what a day.

This morning I was thinking to myself how very amazing God is. I had gotten a call from my mission co-leader who said that he had had some great calls from people wanting to donate stuff. Someone even has a whole storage shed full of items that they are donating.

I was thinking about the out pouring of love and grace that He is providing. We are literally covered in items to sell at our yard sale and it's still over a week away! YAY! GOD!

Then my husband calls me. He says that his job will be over on Aug 14th and then he will no longer be employed by the company he has been with for more than 12 yrs.

Crash.....

Oh I can tell you that I am tempted to let is crush me. I am working hard on keeping the straight strong face.

How in one minute do I praise His name and in the next freak out? ;o)

Most of me is trusting Him. Trusting His provision. How much more does he love us than the birds and he supplies their needs. He has a plan for us... not one of harm but of hope and a future.

Ok I am paraphrasing badly. I am just repeating back to myself the promises I know He has spoken. I believe these promises. He works all things for the GOOD of those who believe in Him.

I still think He is very amazing. I know He will provide some how...and we will be ok, whatever He brings us.

Life is still Better than Good!

8 comments:

Cindy said...

Got your text. You guys have the strength of faith to know that God is holding you in His hands. I know I dont have to say it, but sometimes it's nice to be reminded. You KNOW that we know what you are going through. God just took us on this very journey. and He provided the whole time, just as He always does. I always try to remember that Scripture says that God will provide our NEEDS. And only He knows best what we NEED. so much of our lives are filled with things we WANT, but dont need.
Lean on Him, and His grace. You KNOW He's got you.
Love you!!!!!

Andrea said...

Thank you Cindy! It does feel good to be reminded. Honestly although I have never been happy with losses people have endured, I have felt that this down turn is a way for us all to be reminded about glutony...even myself. ugh

Tiffany said...

Praying for you...

Keep reminding yourself of those promises.

Author and HIV/AIDS Advocate--S.Meredith said...

Thanks for your thoughtful, inspiring post.
Suzan

Andrea Hill said...

Yes Andrea, he will provide, I know he will. Its amazing when you think you can only do it on so much income and when you have finally less its still possible and he will provide. Such a blessing to have this outpouring in the community for your yard sale. Please email me if you have specific prayer requests but in the mean time I will be praying for your husband to hopefully have a job lined up soon.

Unknown said...

I am praying for you guys. This most certainly will not be easy, but HE will see you through. You are an amazing, strong person, and family. Have faith, and keep remembering the promises of God. You will be in my prayers.

Amy said...

Praying for you... I know it is scary and so hard but I am reminded that when we walk through these difficult times that is often when He is working on making new amazing changes in our lives that we couldn't have gotten to any other way.
Your family is beautiful!!

Adeye said...

Oh my goodness, I am just catching up. Wow--what an emotional roller coaster. Up one minute and then crashing down the next. Know this, friend--this has NOT taken your Father in heaven by surprise! No way! He is already onto it and is working things out on your behalf. He WILL provide--in every way. Go through the fire--He'll meet you on the other side. I promise :)