Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Weekend Recap

It truly was an amazing weekend.
I haven't had that much fun in a LONG time!

It started on Thursday, my friend L picked me up and we headed out to the conference location, it's about an hour away. It was a fun ride, just good girlfriend chat time.

We arrived and began to set up for the weekend, unpacked, ate lunch, unpacked some more, prayed and prepared.

My job on the weekend ended up being assistant music director. Those of you that know me, know that this was a bit out of my comfort zone. I do enjoy singing, and I know I can carry a tune, however my range isn't great and I hate microphones...lol I sing GREAT in my shower and in my car but leading music is a bit different. Luckily the actual leader is amazing so I just followed her lead. It was such an amazing blessing to be standing facing the women while we sang. Seeing their faces, feeling the praise, making eye contact with beautiful faces... watching women come out of their shells and praise God with all that they had. Good stuff!!!

God also found several opportunities to teach me about Grace. There are certain personality traits that drive me batty about some people. I am sorry it's the honest truth... but some people just drive me crazy. As I am positive I can do to others. I fully believe that God loves us each the same and of course loves those that drive me nuts with the same love that He loves me... I am clearly NOT God though... I do love them, it's the liking part that I work on. ;o( So those are the people that He kept putting in my path and proclaiming their love for me. Talk about humbling....many times I found myself thanking God for His Grace and His love and His humor.

I met some amazing women. There were a couple of women whose church had started and funded an orphanage in Bolivia for 42 boys. How great is that?!

I got to talk about our adoptions and do a tiny bit of HIV education.

The kids and D had a great time and were all healthy, happy and clean when I got to see them on Sunday...lol D is a great dad.

I miss the ladies from the weekend already, but know that I made some pretty great new friends and have a renewed sense of joy and peace.

All good stuff! God is so Good!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm so glad that you had such an amazing time! It sounds like a lot of fun too! I love to hear how God is working in your heart, and in your life!
You are an inspiration to me my friend.
Love ya!

steffany said...

Wait a minute....
were you in Dallas at the conference or...are you talking about something different.