Thursday, December 18, 2008

Is it just me?

Or does the world seem to be in some kind of weird upheaval?  

I mean, I am trusting my God, and I am feeling so many of his blessings, even in those times that I just want to crawl in a hole.

I still believe my God is the Emmanuel, He is with us.  But can I just tell you that forces that are throwing things, curve balls and full on head shots, are really making me mad! 

I posted earlier about some of the issues that are facing some of my best friends.  And the attacks we are feeling are ugly.  I wish I had answers, I wish I could hug all the pain away that my friends, and family are feeling.  I wish I had the power to make it all better. To tell us all that this too shall pass.  And I guess in theory I do have that power... the power at least to say the words.  Knowing they are true.  Knowing that all the uglies eventually pass... not usually when we want them to, and sometimes things get worse before they get better... but they still pass.  The psalm says "tho I walk through the valley", there is another side.  

I was reading a book today about uncluttering life...from the inside out.  And something that caught me was contentment.  We as Christians are to be content.  Not just with stuff, but in life in general.  I want to be content... not give up, not lose hope, but content that I know my God has me in His all powerful hands.  He knows what we need, and SO many times he provides, in ways we never thought possible.  

We have been struggling with N's behaviors still... we are exhausted, we are turned upside down, we are at a loss as to how to help him.  But we know this will pass... it will get better, we will find the core of the issues and we will work with them.  God placed him with us for a purpose, and we will honor this gift, and love him through it all.
Will you help us pray for him...still? ;o)

And E's belly isn't looking wonderful, we may need to take him back to get checked.  Will you pray for his healing?

Will you pray for families touched by the economy, will you pray for those losing businesses, for those with sick children, for those facing death, for those facing complicated surgery, unknown health issues, for those that are lonely, for those children praying for a family, and for families praying for children?  God is with those that gather together to pray... let's pray together.

4 comments:

KelseyChristine said...

praying...

Tiffany said...

Praying too...

Matthew and Amanda said...

Andrea,
You bet I'm praying for you all.

Amanda

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying.

Hugs,
Jill