Monday, June 28, 2010

Tunnel

The other fun thing we did this weekend was go to Busch Gardens and volunteer with KLove again and see Third Day. Third Day is one of our very favorite bands. Their songs have been used in countless ways to touch our lives and lift us up. Plus they ROCK! ;o)

God showed me a beautiful picture as I listened to them this time.

Tunnel is one of their songs. It speaks to knowing there are really hard times, but that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

In Sept 2008 they came to Virginia Beach on tour. It was right after E had been release from the hospital and then D had been gone and I had just had one of the hardest weeks of my life.
We contemplated going, but decided that we really needed the time out. I am so glad we went. I needed the shot in the spiritual arm. They played the song Tunnel then. As I was listening to it I could hear God speaking to me directly. There was indeed a light at the end of the tunnel.

Yesterday Third Day played it again. This time as I listened I had to praise God in a new way. Because the day before we had celebrated E's 5th birthday. He's healthy and strong and life is good.

There is indeed a light at the end of the tunnel. Praise you God!!!





Tunnel
Third Day

I won't pretend to know what you're thinking
I can't begin to know what you're going through
I won't deny the pain that you're feeling
But I'm gonna try and give a little hope to you

Just remember what I've told you
There's so much you're living for

[Chorus]
There's a light at the end of this tunnel
There's a light at the end of this tunnel
For you, for you
There's a light at the end of this tunnel
Shinin' bright at the end of this tunnel
For you, for you

So keep holdin' on

You've got your disappointments and sorrows
You ought to share the weight of that load with me
Then you will find that the light of tomorrow
It brings a new life for your eyes to see

So remember what I've told you
There's so much you're living for
[Chorus]
So keep holdin' on
Keep holding on

[Musical Break]

So remember what I've told you
There's so much you're living for
[Chorus] x2
There's a light at the end of this tunnel
For you, for you
Shinin' bright at the end of this tunnel
For you, for you
So keep holdin' on
Keep holding on
Keep holding on, now.

You've got your disappointments and sorrows
But I'm gonna try and give a little hope to you

2 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Jealous!!! LOVE 3rd Day!!!

Andrea Hill said...

Say what? Third Day? That is another one of my favorite groups. I can't believe your hanging out with all these cool people.