Saturday, June 12, 2010

Happy 17 yr Anniversary!


17 yrs ago today I married my best friend!

I remember the day well! I was so very excited. I could not wait to get married to this guy.
I woke up a bit early. The wedding was at 2pm in my parents back yard so there was so much to do.

I had a 10 am hair appointment and then a 12pm face appointment. Do you have a Meryl Norman near you? I had gone in for a pre-wedding face practice a week before so we would know that they were the right ones to do my face for the amazing day.

I should have had a dry run with my hair dresser guy...lol I knew what I wanted but I guess it didn't translate. It also took about an hour longer than I had planned. Good thing was that the face place was in the same mall as the hair place to I literally ran around the corner to the face place and thank the Lord she was there and ready and calming :o).

I ran out of the mall and broke many a land speed record to get home. As I was coming to the last light that I needed to cross to get down my road, I saw the limo D was in coming down the road. My light was turning red, I slammed on the gas and sped through the light and down that 25 mph road at about 50 mph. (Children do not try this at home!)

I pulled into my driveway, jumped out of the car and threw my keys at my friend B who was standing there looking confused...lol B did not remember that a man cannot see his bride on the day of her wedding!

I flew up the stairs to my room to find my waiting matron of honor and mother. We plugged in my curling iron ( to fix the mess of hair that took more than 2 hrs to do...) and stuffed me into my dress.

Then..... we waited. :o)

The day was perfect. June in Virginia Beach can be HOT, but it was gorgeous, almost cool.

The wedding was wonderful. The day was wonderful. I married my best friend.

No one thought we would last, some days we wondered the same. We met in a bar on dollar pitcher night. We were party-ers. He liked girls, they liked him...lol I had just broken up with a guy the day before... who knew this relationship would last? No one thought it would.

God did. We sure weren't consulting him at the time, but He knew what He was doing.

I cannot tell you how excited I am to see what God will do with our next 17 yrs.. 30 yrs...50 yrs... however many He gives us. :o)

Thank you God for D. Happy Anniversary honey!
(I have changed my song today to be 'our' song. Every time we hear it on the radio we call each other and let the other hear it. Enjoy with us)

6 comments:

Leah said...

Happy Anniversary! :)

James 1:27 Family said...

Happy Anniversary! Your wedding sounds perfect and I teared up reading it, not because of the details, but because of the deep love that I could see in your words. Praying for many more anniversaries for the two of you!

Love in Jesus,
Amy

Tammy said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! It will be 17 years for us on the 26th! By the way, I had the same hair problem on my wedding day=)

Audrey said...

Happy Anniversary! Loved the story - can totally picture it!! I recognize that hair, too ;) You guys look like such babies in that photo - prayers for a long and happy life together!!!

Holli said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Hope you have a great day celebrating!!

Andrea Hill said...

Happy 17th! That is so awesome. Especially when people think you don't last and than God jumps in and moves mountains. I am so happy for you that you are so happy. Glad you have your soulmate! That wedding picture is relly beautiful.