Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Planning...

Tonight is our first Ethiopia Mission Trip 2011 planning meeting. I am SO excited!!

If I can't be planning an adoption, this is the next best thing! :)

Last night I was at D's church league softball game and was talking to a young couple that just joined our church. I recruited them to come along. How great is that?! :o) Well, they are coming to the meeting, but want to come along on the trip as well.

I have been in contact with Mark at YWAM and we are already working on a plan for the trip. All the guys that have contacted me though, really want to 'build stuff'. I keep trying to emphasize that building buildings may not be the only thing we do. Building relationships is an amazing adventure as well. :o)

I have also been in touch with our church's main mission office people. There is absolutely no UMC presence in Ethiopia. It seems as though it would be a really great opportunity. Perhaps they will be the ones to help me fulfill God's vision of a mother's and baby's home for hiv patients??!! I am supposed to come up with a proposal and get contacts on the ground. Wow! I have no clue about getting a proposal together...but I can sure work on getting some contacts on the ground. I am thinking that going into Adama where there is still so much stigma, and no real place for them to go would be perfect. Or even Gimbi, which is where there is a huge need as well. I will let God plan that one... :o)

I can't wait to see what He does with this group.

So the planning begins...Ethiopia....here we come!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How exciting!! And, I may not be there physically, but you are taking me with for sure!! I am praying you guys forward and can't wait to hear more about it!

Andrea said...

Thank you so much for your prayers!
andrea

Sarah said...

Ethiopia ... Goodness I would be getting excited too.

And thanks for doing the happy dance with me today.

Happy Day,
Sara

Together We Save said...

That is so exciting!! Good luck getting all the details worked out!