Saturday, July 26, 2008

Perspective

I found out this morning that my best friend from High school lost her husband to cancer last night.

They have a daughter that is my S's age, and he has grown children from a previous marriage, and grand children.  
I cannot imagine being a widow right now.  There are times I would like to toss my husband on his ear, but I sure don't know what I would do without him in my life.

Her husband has been battling cancer for several years, so it's been a long time coming.  I know from experience though even when you think you are prepared for a death it's something you just aren't ready for.
I wish I lived near her so that I could visit and comfort.

In times like these I am reminded that there is always a silver lining, there are always things out of my control, and in His hands.  There are things I will never understand in this life time, but know that God loves us with all His heart.




No comments: