Saturday, May 29, 2010

I am still here....

I have been a bad blogger... sorry.

For the last couple of weeks I have been 'funk'y. Just really not in a good place. I couldn't figure out why, and couldn't shake it. I don't like to feel that way...and I got more sad because I couldn't seem to get myself out of it. I know how very blessed I am, how very much God has given me so I had no right for the funki-licious thoughts. Kind of a weird vicious cycle that I just didn't have the energy to get out of, so I chose not to post any of my whining.

Some time last week I sent out a request to some of my dearest friends, asking for prayer. I knew I was going to need help to get out of the funk. Between their prayers and getting the medication I take for my Thyroid straight, (that's a huge part) I am feeling so much better.

The other day I actually thought to myself "I love my life". That's a huge step up...lol

Our mission team shared the presentation about our trip to the church on Sunday. It was a huge success. It took me about 3 weeks to get it all together. We had 4000+ pictures that were all different sizes so the process was long. But I got to re-live the trip over and over every night that I worked on it. (That could have contributed to my funk-iness, as I truly miss those people and that country)

I found out on Monday that my job is not going to be as flexible as I had thought they would with my summer schedule. They are HUGE on getting ahead of the game with technical stuff, but not so much in the HR job happiness department. oh well... it is what it is. I have a job and it pays well and it provides insurance for our family. Not going to complain. We have run into some serious financial issues that have really gotten me upset as well. Still not sure how we are going to get around or out of them yet... but God has been sharing His provision scriptures with me through my devotions.... so I am trying my hardest to trust in Him.

Tuesday E and I got to fly to Long Island to visit with P and M, Erin's parents. They run a foundation called RollStone that provides grants to help families adopt children with special needs, primarily hiv. They gave us a grant to help bring E home so they asked if we would come speak at their annual fundraiser. What an honor!! It was really fun to hang out with them, and have that special time with E.

We went to a Duck's baseball game. E's first big baseball game. He got to eat hot dogs and cotton candy. He was given a practice ball from the Ducks and we got to meet the owner. It was a night to remember!

Wednesday we prepared for the dinner, putting baskets together for a silent auction and just general preparations. The dinner was phenomenal. The people were amazing. Everyone was so nice and just loved E. He was pretty shy at first, but then warmed up. Erin's brother and his girlfriend were there, and E just loved them! And they were so great with him. It was fun to spend time with them, although we all really missed Erin!!!

I was to give a speech about what RollStone and adoption meant to me, to us, to E. I have given alot of talks in other church venues so I wasn't overly nervous at first, I wrote some notes and prayed a ton. As the time came to speak though I started to feel some butterflies. I began to think that perhaps I should have actually written out the words...this was really important, what if I screwed it up?! I sent out some quick texts for prayer, and wonder of wonders God showed up! :o) As if He wouldn't. He gave me the words, and He said what needed to be said.

From what I understand, so far it's the most successful night they have had. Praise the LORD! At least one more child will be coming home to a family! :o)

On a fun side note we got to meet Tom Westman, winner of Survivor Palau. He was at the dinner. I had no clue who he was. He was talking to E for a while and M came over to me to tell me to get a picture of them talking. I was like "why?". I mean he was a good looking guy, but there were lots of people talking to E that night...lol I missed the photo-op. Bummer. He then came over to talk to me. We spoke for about 20 minutes about work and life and kids and vacations. He's a really nice guy. When he walked away I asked someone who he was.... they were surprised that I didn't know...lol oh well, not really a survivor fan, but he's a really great guy. ;o) I probably would have rooted for him.

Thursday night the mission team got together to discuss the trip, see each other and kind of debrief. I think it was a good meeting. I think the best part of the meeting was that we are going to plan another one!!!

THAT is exciting. Tim and I discussed it at length and we feel like we can do it again, especially now that we have so many people involved, and aware and excited about it. We are going to kind of ride on that momentum.

We are looking at possibly going on March of 2011...not sure what it's going to look like yet, but we are just in the very beginning planning stages. YAY!!!

So that's what's been happening here. Things are looking up... the kids are good...D is good...we have jobs...we have a home...we have food...God will provide for the financial piece some how... He always does.

I will leave you with some pics...to put a smile on your face.

N performing in his last Angel Choir performance.



Soccer trophy day...

E at his first big baseball game.

He was so blue!
This picture is out of order, but it's the plane we took home.... wasn't sure I wanted to get on it. I asked how much it rented for and was told $6000 an hour. Not really in my budget. We flew SouthWest. I have to say it was probably the most pleasant experience I have ever had on a plane. The staff was friendly and funny. They were cracking jokes and singing on the plane even. So refreshing to be on an airline where the staff actually appeared to enjoy themselves.
Erin's brother and M with E. They were so great with him, and he loved them.
P and E. She was so so sweet to E, he cried when we had to leave.
Erin's dad with E. M fell in love with E when they were in ET before we even knew he was going to be our son. It was such a gift to be able watch them share time together.
Have a better than good Memorial day weekend. Say a prayer for those that have sacrificed so much so that we might enjoy the freedom we have here.

3 comments:

James 1:27 Family said...

I've been in the same funk. Can't seem to shake it. Maybe I should get my thyroid checked. :) Thanks for posting this and being honest. It blesses the rest of us that have those times of blues sometimes too.

I love the pictures!

Love in Jesus,
Amy

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Love the pics. Glad you were able to speak & help others!!!! Love it when God shows up and speaks to peoples hearts. :)

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog