Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Just stuff...and Happy Thanksgiving

There is just too much happening in life to share to make this post about just one thing…lol

Last night D and I went to see Blind Side. SEE IT! Oh my goodness. What a great movie. I was touched by the relationship with the mom in the movie and Michael the main character. I have a soft spot in my heart for boys. I have an especially soft spot for teen boys without the love of a momma. Teen boys need a momma… they also need a strong father figure…but there’s something about the relationship between a mom and her son. Z’s friend Josh has that spot in my heart. I would take him home and care for him in a heart beat. When I see the teen boys waiting to be adopted my heart hurts. This movie made me think about all those boys waiting for homes and a family.

While we were waiting for the movie to start we were talking about the holiday. My mom had just come home from PA where she has been taking care of my grandparents so we were thinking about holidays passed. D said, “I guess we won’t be having big family holiday’s at Mom and Dad’s (I call my grandparents mom and dad) house any more.” It struck me that he was right. Then it struck me how very sad that made me. I have the best memories of holidays spent at my grandparent’s house. My mom is one of 6 kids so when we all got together there was always lots of fun. As I was growing up my grandparent’s house was always the place I called home. I never lived there for an extended period of time, but it’s the place that felt like home to me. It’s where my best memories are, it’s where I felt the most love, it’s where I found my basis for my faith.

I am bummed that it won’t be the same again. I am blessed with the memories I do have to cherish.

Speaking of holiday’s E cracks me up! He made the “I am thankful for…” Turkey picture at school and brought it home yesterday. Want to know what he was thankful for? He was thankful for House, Pigs, Drinks and Coffee. Yep, Pigs and Coffee. ??????

We questioned him about the pigs trying to figure out what that was about. He said “Me no want dogs, me want pig.” “You take Buddy and Gabriel (our dogs) back to store and buy pig?” Um, nope not gonna happen little man. ;o)

No idea where that came from. Got so caught up in the pigs I forgot to ask him about the coffee. More on that later.

Tomorrow is the Turkey Trot in our neighborhood. I haven’t had time to do much in the way of training so it’s going to be interesting to see how it all works out. ;o) D is running with me, as are a ton of our friends. Should be fun actually ;o)

I was thinking this morning about what I am thankful for today. Oddly enough I am thankful today for Blogs and my Blogger friends. ;o)

I have learned so much from so many of you. I have come to love many of you as well. I have made some amazing friends, a best friend, dear friends that can’t wait to know more. I have been blessed by the emails to get to know each other better. The texts from others letting me know they are praying. I have been challenged, stretched, touched and amused by you my friends. I am also thankful to those of you that read this blog, those that I know and those that don’t I appreciate your time and interest in my ramblings. ;o)

May your Thanksgiving find you blessed abundantly!

4 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Tooo much to even think of everything, but we are BLESSED in abundance!!!!

Our journey following Christ said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! I am thankful for you, being able to learn from you and your journey, and for your encouragement and support.

You are a blessing to me! Sure hope to meet you someday.

Love,
Laura

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful to READ your blog! I love getting to know your family!

Andrea Hill said...

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. So thankful for you and having gotten to know you a little better over the months.. and look forward to so much more.