Saturday, October 17, 2009

Suddenly Saturday

I decided to call this post Suddenly Saturday because I am not sure where the rest of the week went?! Ever have one of those? ;o)

It was a nuts week at work, lots of crazy health issues. I work for a local health system and because of all the flu mess we have had to make some adjustments to life and getting some communications out to people. Then had another marketing program just go terribly wrong. The boss was out, so I got to be boss for a few days.... honestly I am not vying for her job!!! Life is too full outside of work to have all those headaches too! Can't wait till she's back. ;o)

Friday I was feeling a bit like a wind up toy that had been too tightly wound.

S came down with the flu on Tuesday. We believe the piggy kind due to symptoms and her exposure to others that had had it. Our peds Dr didn't want her to go in to the office unless she got bad enough to be concerned, so we didn't get the actual test. I was ok with that. We did lots of fluids, used lots of Lysol, cleaned alot... and today we are scouring the house! ;o)

D left on Thursday to go to the Mens' Emmaus Walk. He's the leader man this time so we had alot of preparing this week to get him ready to be gone for 4 days. I miss him like crazy.

Daddy being gone has sent N into a bit of a tail spin. Daddy left Thursday and N came home on Yellow, Friday he came home on Red and stayed there while at home. It was a tough couple of days.

So last night I put the boys to bed, S was out (she's better), and I just curled up on the couch with homemade popcorn, a blanket, some KoolAid and watched a movie...lol

Wednesday I finished up the Leadership training I had started at church. It was really good stuff. I am glad I took the class.

Thursday we had a Mission Team meeting. That also was really good. We were able to get a good bit accomplished and then did a bit of team building by putting together a tri-fold display to put up for upcoming events. It was great to see the team work together and work well. We really do have a great group of people! We are all getting excited about the mission and about the work we will be doing.

I didn't get any running in, but probably should have, perhaps it would have helped with the stress level this week. ;o) I only have 2 weeks left before the race so I really need to get out there.

Hey! Got really great news on Friday! We got a call from the agency we used to adopt N. They had gotten an email from a birth member of N's family looking for information on how he was doing! I will tell you I was bit shocked when I saw their phone number come up on my cell phone. I was in a meeting so I couldn't answer it right away. It's not like them to call me...lol I am not in the adoption process, but it still made my heart jump.

When she told me about the birth family, I was an emotional mess! I would LOVE to have contact with them. So we will be exchanging emails. I am looking forward to that, although I have no idea what to say. ;o)

Just that morning E and I had been talking about his Ethiopia Mom. During the conversation he said "My Toopia mom die". :o( It made me so very sad that he has had to deal with that at such a young age. So to have this contact with N's family makes me so appreciative of what he still has, and sad for what E doesn't.

We are sure blessed! Thank you God for my blessings!

ok, now that I have written a book...I am off to clean.
Prayers for a wonderful and blessed weekend for you all!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You HAVE had a busy week!

We got some very similar news this week, and would love to talk to you more. It is so hard when news can be such a blessing to one family member, but hard on another. niandowen@yahoo.com is my email if you ever want to talk.

Adeye said...

Oh my goodness, you HAVE had a busy week. Crazy!

Happy house cleaning. Joy! :)

Andrea Hill said...

What a week for you. I know what you mean about having to work like a horse and not wanting their job. I don't envy those people either. When you are in love and commited to your family, its bad enough you have to work but to be exhausted from work makes it that much harder I think. I hope your N is hanging in there this weekend with daddy being gone. I bet that was pretty sad on E's part and even making you sad. YOu often wonder what these little guys still remember.

LisaShaw said...

Praying for you and your family dear one and the business you are all experiencing and the various changes at home and work. I also am praying for you all to remain healthy and well in Jesus Name.

I love you. You're an inspiration!

Our journey following Christ said...

Wow, I'm surprised the agency would contact you with the family contact info. I thought that was sort of against their policy??

How cool, though that they gave you the choice whether you want contact or not.

Wish we did.

Blessings,
Laura