Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday Monday

Hope your weekend was a good one!

Ours was mostly uneventful.  Which was good.

I took the boys to my mom's church on Saturday morning since they were having a book fair.  The boys both love books so we all had fun perusing. ;o)  Then we stopped at the library to return some books and ended up checking out more.  Guess we will be doing lots of reading in the coming days.   I love that they love to read. ;o)  Makes this reading mommy proud!!

Then I decided since it was such beautiful day that I would tackle my front yard.  I haven't had a bunch of time to work on it, and it showed.  I was tired of driving up the driveway and thinking "man, that looks bad"...lol  Now it looks like the people that live in my house, care about the house.  ;o)  I mean the grass is always cut and neat, but the flower bed was over growing, as were the bushes, and the flowers were all dead.  Kinda pathetic. ;o)

Sunday was a wonderful lazy day.  We went to church, which was really good.  Then came home and we all took naps.  ALL of us, it was wonderful.  That hasn't happened in months.  It was good stuff.

We have started a church wide study called 'Enough. Discovering Joy Through Simplicity and Generosity' by Adam Hamilton.  Even the sermons are based on the principles from the book.  I love that the church is addressing money issues in a biblical fashion.  It's given me alot to think about and has been a bit painful truthfully.  Not because they are berating us, but are speaking truths about where our money goes and how we're not usually good stewards of that money.  I am working on fixing our budget today.  It needs more than a bit of tweaking! ;o)

One of the things the study talks about is your pupose in life.  If you are all bogged up in debt and worries about money how can you fulfill that purpose... of course you can still do so, but with more stress and strain.  It's given me more to think about and pray about with the vision God seems to be giving me. 

I have to share some of it cause it's just been one of those weeks of God moments...lol 

I feel like I am supposed to start a foundation. 

One that will be funded by coordinating a 5k (to start with) Run/Walk. 

I was speaking to my friend about it on Monday night, she knows of a guy that is just getting his 501c3 approval and put me in touch with him. This crazy ball then started rolling... Travis responded with info about his organization.  It's great!  He's doing really awesome things.  It's even called OptimusYouth...yes as in Optimus Prime!!! ;o)  If you have been reading for any length of time you would know that I LOVE Optimus Prime...lol 

I spoke with Travis from OptimusYouth back and forth all week.  He offered me the opportunity to join him in his efforts and even was going to give me control over fundraising and marketing for any project I wanted to persue. WOW
It was one of those weeks that it seemed like things were falling into place....but almost too good to be true.  Do you ever feel that way?

I did find a local adult learning center that is doing online courses beginning 10/21 that teaches you how to start a Non-Profit organization.  How is that for timing?!  I have signed up for the class. 

I feel like even if God directs me to join Optimus Youth, I want to have the education on how the 501c3 world works... I also want to have the knowledge of what to do in order to make it happen if God reveals more of His plan to me to start what I have rolling around in my head.

The thing about starting a 501c3 is the need for a board, and financial stuff, and a vision and a mission statement...phew it makes my head spin.  See I told you it was BIG.

I will let you know what God provides as I get through this course.  I am excited to see what unfolds and how it all works out.

Thank you for your prayers.  I would love it if you would continue. ;o)

Pics will be posted later from the weekend. ;o)

7 comments:

Deborah Ann said...

Loved your 'Monday' post. Come visit my blog for 'Monday Madness' at www.heavenlyhumor.blogspot.com

It's good for some laughs...

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Neat to see what God is doing in your life!

Adeye said...

God is up to some amazing things in your life, friend. Can't wait to see how they unfold.

Tiffany said...

YEAH!!! So glad to know these details. I think it's ourselves getting in the way of ourselves when we say it's too good to be true. It's always good to keep checking in with the Spirit's leading, but if you're feeling it girl, and God is providing, enjoy the ride! I am SO excited to learn more about OptimusYouth and to hear about the class you'll be taking. Prayers continue.

Unknown said...

I have also thought about starting a nonprofit. I can't wait to hear how that goes! Good luck!

Andrea Hill said...

I love the things God is showing you. I am so anxious to see the end results. I am very intrigued to get the Bible study Enough just to do it by myself. I loved your email and its very thought provoking and I am definetly in. Like mamma so are your children. Glad they love books. You prayer requests are in my prayers.

LisaShaw said...

I'm praying for you in all areas dear sister.

Enjoy the study and it's a blessing your boys love to read. We're strong readers on this end too. Love it!