Tuesday, April 21, 2009

God Speaks....

lol some of you may be saying... "Well of course He does!" and others are saying "huh?"

"God Speaks"?

After writing yesterday's post about ministry in my family and in the world I just kept thinking about it.

Over the last year or so our core little family has been through some junk. Now in the scheme of things nothing earth shattering to be sure, but it's been stressful. Adoptions, health issues, children's behavior, adult behaviors (lol), crazy work hours and of course economical issues. All these things have slowly chiseled and chipped at the foundation of our marriage. Now there are only bits and pieces missing... nothing earth shattering.. but if not addressed could become a much bigger issue.

So God has been speaking to me. Through several different avenues, but I have been slow to listen, as usual. But today He actually kind of hit me with a 2x4. I went over to my dear friend Lisa's Marriage site and found this about being a Prayer Shield for your Spouse. It was as if God was saying to me, "Hey! Stop your whining. Do something about it. Stop complaining about how things are...talk to ME about them."

If I want to be part of the solution for changing the world maybe I should start in my home. Be part of the solution with my husband who I love like crazy ...even when he drives me crazy ;o). To ask how I can help instead of point out the issues, because I am good at pointing out issues, always trying to look past my own little eye plank doggon it.

I need to ask my kids what kind of day they had and remember that while they are 3 and 4 yrs old .. I am not (was reminded of that one today lol) and perhaps I should let them act that way.

As intently as I research ways I can make a difference to the world outside my doors, I need to be even more intent on praying and asking God for His wisdom in how I can transform my home into a reflection of Him.

2 Corinthians 3:18 (NIV) 18And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect[a] the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

What is God saying to you?

No comments: