Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Just catching up

We had an interesting weekend, how was yours?

Friday night was quiet until about 2AM. S woke up ill, she was up literally every half hour sick until about 1230pm. D doesn't deal with stomach ailments so I was up with her each and every time. So I guess Saturday wasn't so busy, as it was just trying to get S to keep something down. We were both relieved and exhausted by the time 1230 came around...lol

Saturday night we watched Hulk. Good movie, it was actually fun to see Lou Farigno (spelling?) and Bill Bixby 'show up'. It will be interesting to see what happens with the next super hero movie. ;o)

Sunday was crazy, but fun. I went to church by myself, S was still recuperating, E was dealing with chest and nose junk, and D was home cleaning the house. Gotta love a husband that cleans AND cooks. ;o) I married well! ;o) Sunday school was really good. We are doing a study on prayer by Phillip Yancy. I have read the book before and it's fun to discuss it with the class. One of the questions posed in the study was whether our prayers make a difference to God. I thought this was an interesting question. I am not sure if I think my prayers change God's mind about something, I tend to think the more I pray about something I am the one that changes. I either truly desire what I want and pray until I get it...LOL Or I pray continually and realize as I am praying that what I want probably isn't in God's Will, and I pray for acceptance of His will. I don't always like what He has planned at first...lol but I usually end up believing that what God has planned for me is SO much better than what I want that I trust His judgement. I am not always so good at accepting it at first though, because how hard is it to give up something you think you really want?! I think of the Garth Brooks song, Thank God for Unanswered Prayers.

Later on Sunday, I got to go to a baby shower for our associate pastor's wife. I really like her, and I think we all had a good time. It's just fun to get together with other women, chat, eat yummy food, and talk about kids, and baby's and just stuff in general. ;o) And oo and ahh over beautiful baby clothes. I even won one of the games. ;o)

Then was the BIG GAME. Now was that a good game or what? Neither team is my fave, but I was rooting for the Steelers cause I am from PA. I will admit though that by the end of the game I was a bit over the unsportsmanlike junk the Steeler players were pulling. I almost switched sides to root for the Cards cause they were really trying. Plus I have a weakness for the under dog. We had friends over for dinner and then to watch the game. We really had a great time.

Hope your weekend was a good one!

No comments: