Friday, July 23, 2010

If He Plans It They Will Come


Have you seen the movie field of dreams? There’s this guy, and he hears a ‘voice’ that says to him “If you build it they will come.” It’s referring to a baseball field…in the middle of a corn field. So the guy builds it, while people think he’s nuts. And ‘they’ come. It’s a bit like Noah’s story, God said build it and he listened, and they came.

This line, slightly altered has been running through my head lately… “If He plan’s it they will come.” I am not hearing a voice :) Just realizing that as I plan this next trip that He will work out the details and they are certainly coming!!

We are having our next meeting this Wednesday and we have had to make the decision that the first 20 people that get their paperwork and deposit in will be the one’s to come along. I think it’s an amazing issue to have to put a cap on the amount of people that actually want to come along!

What I have been stressing about though is the logistics. I know God will work it out, but my mind still struggles with the details. I have been reading Ordinary Hero’s blog. They are in Ethiopia now. Reading about their work is making me miss it so much! As I read I think of all the things I can’t wait to do while there… and I have to reign myself in knowing that He’s got a plan. I have been feeling like we have to focus on some specific projects and then try to get to some of the other things. With 20 people we will have to have something to keep everyone busy. We have several builders coming along and I would really like to be able to utilize their skills even if the building there is way different than here.

I can’t wait to see what He does!!! Please continue to pray as there’s still some resistance. It’s hardest kind to deal with because it’s underhanded and sly…not the kind you can directly address. You know how satan is… ;) God’s been giving me continued peace about it though, I know who’s really in charge!

No comments: