I was taking a walk at lunch today... man it was gorgeous sunny and in the 50's...sorry I digress. I was praying and thinking about why I felt the need to feel better about my body and myself.
The first reason is that I currently weigh more than I did when I was pregnant with either of my older 2 kiddos. I was carrying a BABY in my belly, taking eating for 2 seriously and I still didn't weigh as much then as I do now. Ok so how depressing is that?! In high school I hovered at about 130lbs on my 5 ' 8" frame. And I ate, I loved food!
Well ToTo we aren't in high school any more. I have birthed 2 kids, adopted 2, quit smoking and developed hypothyroidism.... oh and I still eat...and love food. :o) hhhmmm AND I am almost 40 yrs old.
It's time to make a change. I don't aspire to be 130 any more. I don't even really aspire to be 150, what I wanted was a goal, an obtainable one. One that would require me to trust God, one that would put me in a place where I could stop wearing elastic pants, and long shirts to hide the bulge. A goal that would allow me to run and play with my kids without wanting to stop and lay down. One that will allow me to get up at the beach and play with my boys in the sand instead of hide my fat butt in the chair.
Most of all my goal is to focus myself on trusting Him with my life, with my body and with my soul.
My arms so badly ache for another child that I feel like most recently I have been using food as my fulfillment. I trust that as I turn my body over to Him, I am also turning over my heart to Him. I trust in His Will.
I have had a couple of people contact me about the verses that I am using, so I thought I would share them. Some I got straight from the bible(crazy I know), some have been adapted by Beth Moore in her book about strongholds. I personally made none of this up myself. ;o)
1. God of hope, fill me with all joy and peace as I trust in you, so that I may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Rom 15:13
2. Lord, when you bring this captive completely back to you, I will be like those who dream! My mouth will be filled with laughter and my tongue songs of joy! The Lord has done great things for me, and I am filled with joy. Psalm 126:1 - 3
3. Lord God, help me not to allow the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth, and the desires for other things to come in and choke your word, making it unfruitful in my life. Mark 4:19
4.Lord, I pray you will give me the desire of my heart- which at this moment is to be free- and make all my plans succeed. Ps 20:4
5. Powerful Lord, help me not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time I will reap a harvest it I do not give up. Gal 6:9
6. Everything is permissible for me-but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible for me"- but I desire not to be mastered by anything. (1 Cor 6:12) Lord God, help me to recognize and discern what is not beneficial for me. Help me to see that authentic liberty is being free to do certain things and free not to do others. (Beth Moore... one of my favorites)
7. My very favorite: For without Him, we can do nothing - and with Him I can do anything. Phil 4:13
And just some self help bits from the book 'Scale Down'.
I'm not quitting, with God's help I can reach my goals.
I'm in control of every bite that goes into my mouth.
I'll make time to exercise and LOVE IT!
These are just a few of the verses and ideas that I have started with. I also found that Prevention.com has a great tool that will allow you to set up a free account that allows you to record your personal information, then the foods you eat and the exercise you do so you can keep track. Did I mention it's FREE. :o) Good stuff.