Sunday, March 28, 2010

Soccer

This has been a great weekend.
God has shown himself in so many amazing ways.
S went for her driving test on Saturday morning. She is now a licensed driver. So if you are in our area make sure you keep an eye out. ;o) Actually her driving teacher was very impressed with S's skill.
Later Saturday we went to N's first soccer game. Oh my goodness... March's wind was blowing full force and it was coooooollllldddd. But we had fun.
Soccer sure has changed from when my older 2 played. Here they now play 3 on 3, no goalies and no refs. The coaches are ref's and every one wins.
It was fun, and interesting at the same time. Had to remind N a million times not to touch the ball...lol. He had a blast.

N and Sami kicked a ball around trying to stay warm.

No those are not regulation soccer shorts. We are goofy parents and didn't try his soccer shorts on before the morning of the game. They didn't fit, they were more like gauchos...lol
Trying to stay warm...being a little silly.
He was just practicing...look how tiny the goals are.


Race day stuff. I know it's a little late and yes I am aware that you can see Don's name on here...lol but I am just so proud of us I wanted to share.
My mom made up this tank for me. Isn't it great?! The funny thing I have noticed about races is the shirts people wear. People wear all kinds of things, and lots of them wear shirts that say fun stuff. I guess they figure they will have someone behind them for a while, might as well give them something to read? I saw all kinds of things. People really loved this tank. :o) In my little 'pack' was a young girl with a shirt that said "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Every time she passed I would repeat that in my head over and over. Towards the last couple of miles she said to me that she loved seeing "mom and dad" pass by. It gave her strength and she felt her mom and dad cheering her on. I told her the same about her shirt. :o) It was fun.
Here are my sponsors. Thank you all!!!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Looks like an awesome weekend!!

I have an urgent prayer request on arise 2 write.
andrea