Monday, April 18, 2011
Need a Little Prayer from Our Friends
Need some prayer from ya'll for God's Will to be evident to D. It seems evident to me...but I can't make the call. D is supposed to come with me to Ethiopia for this mission trip. He's been on board since day one. He got a new job in August of last year and told his boss from the begining that it was his plan, and has shared it with him ever since. Last week the boss chose to tell him that since D hadn't been there for a full year yet that he would not get the full 2 weeks off with pay. Seriously?! Now a week without pay would be pretty detrimental to our financial wellbeing especially since we will be out of the country. So... we have been praying... I have been getting some pretty clear signs that we should not worry about this, and just go. But he's in a weird place, and I think a little unsure of what the true plan for him is. This morning I got mad... this morning I decided that I was done letting him just kind of let things happen to him. I needed to stand up for him, when he won't. No I didn't call the boss...although I am tempted to. It's a tiny 3 man company and it's not like the guy has some corporation to deal with...but the truth of the matter is that D makes the money for the company and it's probably why his boss won't let him go. I know it seems a little trivial in the scheme of things when we still need to raise money and we are still moving forward with the adoption...and God's providing huge on so many fronts...but I truly think this will be life changing for him... So...if you are so inclined, please pray for D's boss and for wisdom and discernment for us as we decide to just take a leap of faith even if he chooses to stick to his one week deal... Thanks!