Tuesday, April 19, 2011

FINALLY... One More Step Complete

Oh my goodness!

Our Home Study has taken forever! Mostly format and information issues. Our SW is very sweet, and we love her, but she's not been informed of some of the changes that need to take place and information that needs to go into a home study that meets Hague requirements.

Then our agency has also been very busy and they both work part time...so it was like a perfect storm of events to make this HS last for 3 months!

It is finally for real complete and ready to go to USCIS. Mailing it tomorrow!!!

It also means we were able to see the files on the boys that we would like to make our own. I was SOOOO excited to get those files, it was like getting a referral! :) Erin emailed me first, knowing that I was waiting. We were able to see the file of A who is the older of the 2. I tell you what, if other's had seen his file before they would have snatched him up in a heart beat... and while I hate that he's still waiting after all this time, I am grateful that we will be able to be the one's to parent him.

Then came B's file. In love yet again!

We didn't think there would be anything in either file that would make us run screaming.... and there wasn't. It was just a confirmation that we were going to be their parents.

So this morning I emailed and was able to tell the agency that we would like to commit to these boys. The next step is that we must complete the Dossier paperwork.

When they have the Dossier we can finally be officially committed to the boys, but at this point we are the family on their files. :) YAY!!!

I was so very excited yesterday... I was texting my friend 'YAY' all day long... :) I know I am a dork. I felt like I was pregnant, and wanted to shout it from the roof tops...but couldn't here at work. :) SO I shouted in text. :)

I know there's a ton of waiting to do now, and everything is mostly out of my hands. But I am so very excited that we will be parents again!

10 comments:

Adeye said...

yippeeeee....that is wonderful news! Totally rejoicing with you today.

dawn said...

YAY!!!

Tammy said...

Shouting out a big YAY for you!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Let more paperwork chasing begin...hey at least you have 2 precious reasons to do it :) !!!!!!

Barry and Amy said...

Woo Hoo! That is awesome! Congratulations! I remember how we felt when we final got to commit to our little guy and it is just as overwhelming as finding out your pregnant! (except this time you can eat what you want without puking, LOL!)

So happy for you and those two precious boys!

Leslie said...

YAY!!! So happy for you!! Praying for your dossier to go quickly.

Our journey following Christ said...

Reading this and hearing the excitement in your words brought big tears to my eyes. I am so excited right along with you!

I remember finally getting Aliya's file and getting to learn more about her. We were over the moon! Keep shouting, girl so more people hear your excitement!

I say your dossier is done in a week:) You can do it!

Love,
Laura

Unknown said...

Are you picking them up when you go with your family in June? Congratulations. Too bad about China. Interesting blog.

Mare said...

SO wonderful! What a pure joy and privilege it is, eh? To see their faces and then read "all" about them? It awakens such a hunger to have them... to know them more... to belong to them and learn everything we've missed so far, and begin pouring into their lives. We are so close to completing our dossier now, and can't WAIT to send welcome bags to ours!! That has been one of our greatest longings since we very first started this process: once we find them, LET THEM KNOW WE'RE COMING! Praying SPEED and efficiency in your dossier completion!

Holli said...

Wow how have I missed so much of this story???? Congrats! So exciting!!!! Praying!!! Also for D to travel with you!!!!!