Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tuesday

Hey ya'll,

It's been a crazy kind of weekend so I haven't really had time to get online.

D is still working nights, he's been working the past 14 or so nights in a row. It stinks! He's not getting a large amount of sleep during the day either. It was fun trying to keep the boys quiet and inside while daddy was trying to sleep.

Saturday I got to go hang with some amazing women as we began training for the upcoming Emmaus weekend that I will get to help facilitate. I love being in a room full of beautiful women that love God and want to work for him and with him.

I took the boys to the library to get some books and rent some Disney movies! WOOHOO 23 more days! We rented Tinkerbell, Little Mermaid, and Dumbo. It's been a ton of years since I watched Dumbo, and can I just say who ever wrote is must have had some kind of acid trip duting part of it. Cause it was just bizarre...lol


Sunday I was able to talk to the person at church that will be my liason with the mission committee. We talked about going to Ghana and a little bit of my hopes for the trip and he's very interested. I am very excited. I have also been talking to my contact in Ghana about what we can be doing. I can't wait to be able to move forward. Summer 2010 seems like it's SO far away.


Speaking of Ghana read Erin's post here.
The agency we used to adopt E is now working with an orphanage in Ghana that helps HIV+ kids. It's the area we hope to go visit with the church. It's a wonderful organization, and the kids are beautiful. Of course I think all the kids are beautiful! And of course there are still the waiting children in Ethiopia. That alone just breaks my heart. I look at my E and think about him still sitting in the orphanage, possibly ill or dying at this point. The kids are very well cared for at AHOPE, don't get me wrong. But they have limited resources and when they get really sick sometimes there just anything else for them to do. These kids deserve to be loved and hugged and kissed and tucked in at night.

Please pray for them. And for the parents that hear God's call to step up and love them.

Have a beautiful day! Blessings

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Check out my new blog post..thought you would like it :)

Tarah said...

I love catching up with your life. I can't wait to hear how everything with Ghana turns out.

Many blessings!