Friday, March 6, 2009

Just stuff...

It's been a good week. LOL now that I've said that I will be getting a call with an issue....lol I tell you it's like some weird blog curse, that when I think things are going great and I post it, something happens...lol

I would like to ask for prayer for my D. He's been working ever night for almost 3 weeks without time off. In this time when jobs are so perilous we are more than blessed that he is employed, but I think there's got to be some kind of happy medium. He generally works from 9 pm until 7am and then gets about 6 1/2 hours sleep when he then has to get up and get the boys from Daycare. That makes for a tired, worn out, grumpy man. And understandibly so. The bummer is that there's no shift diferential, he's salary so there's also no over time. We have really missed him around the house.

The boys are getting excited about Disney. We have made a big calendar and are marking off the days. E goes to it, points and says "Disney?!" So funny.

We have been working on making some changes around the house with N. I was at the library the other day with the boys and I picked up this book on a whim. It's called "How to Behave so Your Preschooler Will, too!" Author Sal Severe, Ph.D. It's a great book so far and I am not even to chapter 4 yet. They concepts I have known, but are fantastic reminder's. Part of what this guy says is that kids generally fall under different types of temperments. And then he described them. It was like he was describing N! It was a little creepy...lol 2 of the temperments were him to a T! He discusses that once we get a handle on the type of temperment a child has we can then figure out how to work with it rather than against it. Well, duh, why didn't I think of that?! N is energetic and persistant... he's got a TON of energy and has a difficult time transitioning. These are things I knew, but reading this and realizing that I was RE-acting, instead of PRO-acting has been a great lesson. We have been trying to be proactive in letting him know what to expect as well as what is coming, but haven't been very consistent. We truly need to get better at that. I have seen a difference already just in trying to anticipate his triggers. Having D gone, or sleeping, or trying to be sociable cause he's so overwhelmed it's been kind of hard to get him on board with me. But I am determined, and I know he is too...lol I have also pulled out my Power of a Praying Parent book, D and I are praying specific prayers over the kids together. I know God can help us ALL learn and grow through this time.

E has been great. He's learning more each day. Talking so much more, and using more sentences...lol He uses a bunch of 2 and 3 word phrases to get his point across and he's trying SO hard to figure out how to speak 'properly'. It's so great to watch. He's SUCH a trooper. It's amazing to think that less than a year ago we were told he would probably not live and in 3 weeks he's going to be with us in Disney! We have an amazing God! He's also growing by leaps and bounds. When he came home we had to get 18month -24 month clothes and the jeans had to have the adjustable waist.... now he's in a solid 2T and some 3T. Must be all the hotdogs he's eating. That kid is going to turn into a hotgog...lol

This weekend is going to be sunny and in the 70's I hope to get pics of the boys while we are out. And if S is around, maybe I can catch her too.... of course if there is a camera out she's ready to pose so that shouldn't be too much of an issue. ;o) Silly girl.

Oh, one more prayer request. I have an aunt in Hebron for what looks like will be the month of March. She is on a peace keeping trip. She's one gutsy woman! Thank you for keeping her lifted.

1 comment:

Matthew and Amanda said...

70 degrees this weekend?!?!? Not fair, not fair at all!! I think we're suppose to get snow today.....

Looking forward to pics from a great weekend.

Amanda